Thursday, July 14, 2011

13-14 july - In transit


Sue and Hope got me to the Accra Airport for my noon flight. It was about 7 hours to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to catch the next plane to Entebbe. I wish I'd had time to shop in the duty-free there. The women's gauze-like clothing was beautiful.

Got to Entebbe at 2am and went to a nearby hotel to crash for the night. In the morning, April, the manager (originally from Oregon) gave me lots of tips and advice. The Boma is a low-cost, but nice hotel about 5 minutes from the airport so will be a stoppiong place again.

My Kampala driver arrived a couple hours late, but I had no appointments for today, so it was fine. I'm now at the Fair Way in Kampala where my colleague John and I will stay for 6 days to begin meeting with potential funders for the continuance of the project and also with our colleagues at Makerere University. He arrives tomorrow night, so tomorrow morning, I will return to Jinja for a personal morning to white water raft the Nile. Unfortunately, I won't have time to do the full day (and the largest, last rapid), but morning will be good and still give me time to return, do some work, and meet John back at Entebbe.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading your blog and continue worrying about you. I'm just like that.

    ReplyDelete